- Learn about the major factors that impact mobile app performance and consequences of poor performing apps
- Learn the best practices, step-by-step approach, and tools you need to help your app achieve better performance
- Learn about the KPIs you should be considering, how to analyze data, and what you need to know when important transactions fail
STARWEST 2017 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, October 4
Join us in this session as Chris & Kalyan give practical ways to bring transformation to your team.
• Testing and Testing API’s can be a challenge without the right toolset
• An automated approach is needed to keep pace with today’s software development timelines
• Improvements in test automation can dramatically improve the speed and accuracy of testing
- Locate elements on page and create meaningful locators
- Dynamically create page objects to create robust and maintainable tests
- Create end-to-end test automation by integrating with Jenkins and JIRA
- Link development artifacts do decrease time-to- market
- Accelerate and simplify testing and analysis
- Increase the visibility of code and design problems
• Why are we in the Perfect Storm?
• Why Software Testing Must Fundamentally Change
• The Role of the Tester will be Elevated
Join this session to learn how to:
- Store complex test configurations as a template to deploy in your CI/CD process
- Simulate realistic, real-world behavior of dependencies stemming from outages, unexpected loads, denial of service attacks, etc.
- Sandwich applications between predictable tests and consistent environments to maximize control during dynamic execution
- Attendees will learn growing changes in Automation and Continuous Integration
- Audience will learn how Open Source tools can be used and how to integrate with your Software Development and Business Needs
- Session will demonstrate what new requirements are for Test Engineer skills within CI automation
● Testlio Co-Founder (Marko Kruustük) in conversation with Microsoft Partner Director of Engineering and Outlook Mobile lead (Kevin Henrikson)
● Kevin successfully launched and led Accompli, which sold to Microsoft and became the foundation for Outlook Mobile. He’s also spent time in VC and Entrepreneur in Residence at Redpoint Ventures
● Discussion will include Microsoft’s approach to testing, the future of QA, and Kevin’s entrepreneurial journey
Thursday, October 5
Accessibility testing has a reputation being a manual effort. This is not acceptable in an increasingly agile and continuous development environment. Join this session with Dylan Barrell, CTO of Deque Systems, who will walk you through the straightforward solution to automating accessibility testing.
- Overview of how to run your automated Selenium tests in the Sauce Labs cloud
- Decrease the amount of time it takes your suite to run by executing tests in parallel
- Ensure your apps work all of the time with functional testing on real devices
Hear how NBC Universal:
• Implemented ‘Continuous Testing’ in DevOps context at NBCUniversal Enterprise level for key Business Units
• Developed a new framework for end-to-end Test Lifecycle Automation
• Integrated Microfocus (formerly HPE) tools across platforms, included but not limited to UFT, UFT Pro, Selenium, Jenkins, uBuild, uDeploy
- Learn why it's important to focus on application and product level testing and put users back at the center of your testing practices
- See why you must test all aspects of the user experience, including performance, usability and security testing
- Learn how to "automate the automation", auto-generate test-cases, massively increase testing productivity, speed, and coverage
- Increase API adoption by automating API documentation and SDK gen during development
- Solidify API quality by automating end-to-end functional, performance and security testing
- Avoid production outages by automating API monitoring
• The influencing factors forcing companies to recognize and drive QA innovation and quality initiatives across their delivery lifecycle.
• How the key tenants of people, process and technology can align to help deliver high-quality products and services.
• How a transition from a common "test" organizational to a "quality" operations organization looks and hear guidance on how companies such as MetLife are advancing the importance of QA in the broader delivery spectrum.
- Why data friction bottlenecks the SDLC
- Best practices for securing and delivering test data
- How to integrate DataOps practices into DevOps initiatives
- How industry leaders are leveraging a platform-based approach to test data management
- What to do and not do when automating your application testing
- How record and playback will kill your productivity (and what to do about it)
- Why test data management is the oxygen of the testing process (and how to get it on demand)
This session will dive into the technologies and approaches that allow an integrated CI / CD approach to be created and implemented in conjunction with your existing Testing and Test Automation tools, increasing delivery speed and insight into application quality and status. From Cucumber to Selenium to HP ALM to penetration testing and beyond, all from one point of control.