Wednesday, October 6, 2021 - 12:30pm to Thursday, October 7, 2021 - 4:30pm
- Practice using exploratory testing techniques
- Identify ways to leverage heuristics in testing
- Design exploratory testing charters that influence and encourage exploration
- Discover ways to pair in exploratory testing sessions
- Describe ways to apply exploratory testing to quality characteristics and APIs
Exploratory testing is where the art and science of software testing meet. Exploratory testing fills the gap between automation, unit testing, and story testing; it’s what truly helps us to identify the unknowns that are the difference maker between a buggy unusable application and good enough quality.
Unlike other test techniques, exploratory testing values the individual tester's expertise and perspective, centering the tester’s intuition and knowledge of software and the domain as the test basis. Explore the art and science of exploratory testing and get hands-on by exploring real applications and playing testing games designed to challenge and deepen your skills.
The instructor will share key agile, focused exploratory testing guidance and industry best practices you can put to work right away. We'll cover the art of creating meaningful charters that provide insight into the exploratory testing session and methods and best practices for traceability and coverage measures of exploratory testing. We'll dig into heuristics and learn how to best make use of them in a testing session and examine ways to test APIs and non-functional quality characteristics using exploratory techniques. We’ll close the class by getting hands-on with paired and mob exploratory testing to ensure you’re ready to share your new knowledge and experience with your development partners to continue learning long after class is over.
This workshop-style course provides hands-on exercises to allow testers to immediately apply exploratory testing techniques in an informal and interactive setting. Attendees will leave the course with the ability to apply unit testing best practices in their own environment.
Quality Characteristics and API Exploratory Testing
Creating Experiments for Non-Functional Testing
Pairing and Mobbing
Who Can We Pair and Mob with While Exploring?
Pairing with Developers
Pairing with Other Testers
Mob Exploratory Testing Sessions
Class Daily Schedule
Day 1: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/9:30am-1:30pm PT
Day 2: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/9:30am-1:30pm PT
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm class schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer and easily connect your audio via computer or phone. Easy and quick access fits todayís working style and eliminates expensive travel and long days in the classroom.
- Live, expert instruction: Instructors are sought-after practitioners, highly-experienced in the industry who deliver a professional learning experience in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Courses cover the same professional content as our classroom training, and students have direct access to valuable materials.
- Rich virtual learning environment: A variety of tools are built in to the learning platform to engage learners through dynamic delivery and to facilitate a multi-directional flow of information.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live Virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Small class size: Live Virtual courses are limited in small class size to ensure an opportunity for personal interaction.