Agile Tester Certification–ISTQB/ICAgile—$895
- Discover how testing is implemented in different agile environments
- Learn about user stories and how to test them
- Explore key agile testing practices—ATDD, BDD, TDD, and ET
- Examine technical and team skills you need for success
- Recognize the main agile testing challenges and how to address them
Agile software practices are being employed within many development organizations worldwide. More and more test teams and testers are participating in agile projects or are embedded within agile teams. Many testers struggle to understand the agile development process and their place in it. Learn the fundamentals of agile development, the role of the tester in the agile team, and the agile testing processes. From user story elicitation and grooming through development and testing, this course prepares you to be a valuable member of an agile development team. Explore the business and technology-facing tests agile projects demand and how agile testers help the project succeed. Learn about the techniques of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). Learn technical and team skills testers need for success in the world of agile development.
Practice of Agile Testing Techniques
Explore agile testing processes in an informal and interactive workshop setting. Examples are studied through a series of small group exercises and discussions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for both novice and experienced software testers. Developers expected to test within agile teams will find this course extremely useful. Test and development managers also will benefit from this course. A background of basic development and testing processes is helpful.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is the world's most widely-recognized certification of software testing skills and knowledge. Founded in 2002, the ISTQB is is a not-for-profit association that has issued more than 750,000 certifications in 129 countries around the globe.
The ISTQB Software Tester Certification—Foundation Level (CTFL) is a prerequisite for the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension—Agile Tester (CTFL-AT) exam. For more information visit the ISTQB Tester Extension Page or view the syllabus. The ISTQB Foundation Level Extension—Agile Tester (CTFL-AT) exam fee is an additional $200 and is not included in the course price. Please contact us regarding exam purchase at [email protected].
Successful attendees are awarded the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Testing (ICP-TST). Additionally, the certified attendees will be listed on the ICAgile website, indicating their designation. Coveros recommends From Fragile to Agile: Practical Approaches to Adopting Agile for those seeking ICAgile's Agile Testing certifications.The ICAgile certification fee is included with your registration for your convenience.
Students not looking for certification and only taking the Agile Testing course should already have a good knowledge of agile principles and how agile teams function.
Agile Planning and the User Story (continued)
Basis for testing
Testing activities in the sprint
Testing in the Heat of the Sprint
Automating unit tests
Acceptance test-driven development
Behavior driven development
User acceptance testing
At Sprint's End
Avoiding technical debt
Organizing Agile Testing
Agile test automation
Distributed agile teams
- ICAgile certification fee.
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer and easily connect your audio via computer or phone. Easy and quick access fits todayís working style and eliminates expensive travel and long days in the classroom.
- Live, expert instruction: Instructors are sought-after practitioners, highly-experienced in the industry who deliver a professional learning experience in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Courses cover the same professional content as our classroom training, and students have direct access to valuable materials.
- Rich virtual learning environment: A variety of tools are built in to the learning platform to engage learners through dynamic delivery and to facilitate a multi-directional flow of information.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live Virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Small class size: Live Virtual courses are limited in small class size to ensure an opportunity for personal interaction.