Advanced Tester Certification—Test Automation Engineer
- Develop a plan to integrate automated testing into the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation customized for your projects.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Learn approaches to enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Discover how to create automated test reporting and metrics
- Understand how to manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement automation for software projects. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development and quality assurance processes.
Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
Real-world practical exercises reinforce learning objectives, strengthen the understanding and application of topics in the course and prepares participants for the exam.
Prior to attending class, please download and review the following document: Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Syllabus.
- Professionals in roles such as software developer, tester, test analysts, test engineer, test consultant, test lead or manager and anyone desiring to secure advanced automation skills and/or complete the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certification.
- This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
- This certification is aimed at professionals who are working within a tool supported software testing environment. It is also for professionals who are planning to start working within a tool supported software testing environment in the future, or are working within companies that plan to do so.
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification. CTAL exams are not given at the end of class. After pre-qualification is completed, students receive an exam voucher good for one year. To learn more about Advanced Tester Certification, or to schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates, contact our Client Support team.