Advanced Tester Certification–Technical Test Analyst—$1295
- Understand the complexities of testing internal code constructs
- Create efficient and effective test cases to cover complex decisions
- Improve the focus and power of the test cases you create
- Focus on multiple aspects related to the “internals” of your system where many defects hide
- Identify key technical characteristics of the system that require testing including: maintainability, analyzability, changeability, stability, portability and testability
- Understand the use of reviews and tools with the technical testing domain
The ISTQB® Advanced Tester Certification—Technical Test Analyst (TTA) training course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification course. This three-day course covers six main areas that fall within the area of responsibility of the Technical Test Analyst, risk-based testing, structure-based testing, analytical techniques, quality characteristics for technical testing, reviews, and test tools and automation.
This course includes extensive hands-on exercises so that you can practice and master the methods and techniques covered in the course.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have taken the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level training and wish to expand their knowledge and skills into more advanced areas
- Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification, have met the criteria for taking the advanced certification exams, and wish to prepare for those exams.
- Anyone wishing to learn more about advanced testing topics
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification. CTAL exams are not given at the end of class. After pre-qualification is completed, students receive an exam voucher good for one year. To learn more about Advanced Tester Certification, or to schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates, contact our Client Support team.
Quality characteristics for technical testing
Quality Characteristics – responsibility, requirements and issues
General Planning Issues
Required Tool Acquisition and Training
Test Environment Requirements
Data Security Considerations
Security Testing – Potential Threats
Security Test Planning – Concepts
Security Test Specification
Security Testing – Static Analysis
Measuring Software Maturity
Tests for Fault Tolerance
Reliability Test Planning
Performance Test Planning
Analyzability, Changeability, Stability, and Testability
Installability, co-existence/compatibility, adaptability, replaceability
Using Checklists in Reviews
Test tools and automation
Integration and Information Interchange
Defining the Test Automation Project
Technical Test Analyst – Key Activities
Selecting the Automation Approach
Test Automation – Initialization
Test Automation – Handling Errors
Modeling Business Processes
A Keyword Table – Example
Keyword Automation – Issues
Specific Test Tools
Fault Seeding/Fault Injection Tools
Performance Testing Tools
Tools for Web-Based Testing
Tools to Support Model-Based Testing
Component Testing and Build Tools
- Exam voucher: Registration includes an ISTQB® exam voucher for participants who will take the exam in the United States. For international students, we will deduct the cost of the exam voucher, allowing these students to coordinate the exam with their ISTQB Local Member Board.
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer. Easy and quick access fits today’s working style and eliminates expensive travel and long days in the classroom.
- Live, expert instruction: Instructors are sought-after practitioners, highly-experienced in the industry who deliver a professional learning experience in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Courses cover the same professional content as our classroom training, and students have direct access to valuable materials.
- Rich virtual learning environment: A variety of tools are built in to the learning platform to engage learners through dynamic delivery and to facilitate a multi-directional flow of information.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live Virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Small class size: Live Virtual courses are limited in small class size to ensure an opportunity for personal interaction.